ICB Artists Residency Program
invites artists to apply
for a one month residency in the historic
Industrial Center Building (ICB),
located in Sausalito, California.
This residency provides a dedicated project space,
publicity, a public opening event, lecture event,
and the opportunity to be part of
one of the largest artist communities
in the country.
Residencies will be granted on the merit of the
artist’s past work
as well as the artist’s project proposal,
body of work or installation
to be developed during the residency.
Projects that include interaction with the
ICB community are encouraged.
- residency period: 1 - 31 October 2016
- deadline for submissions: 31 May 2016
- fall 2016 guest juror is Robert Allen,
gallerist/owner, Robert Allen Fine Art, Sausalito, CA
- application fee: $20; $10 for students
- eligibility: applicants must be at least 18 years of age
and reside in the greater Bay Area.
Open to 2D and 3D visual artists,
conceptual artists, video artists
- payment by check must be received
at the time of submission.
Please mail to ICBAA, 480 Gate 5 Rd.,
#206, Sausalito, CA 94965.
Receipt of payment will be confirmed by email.
- entry format: submissions accepted via email
with subject line: Residency
- requirements: 5-10 high resolution images
(300 dpi 2 mg maximum size);
artist bio, artist statement,and residency proposal
- project space is 300 square foot gallery
on first floor, Gallery 111
at 480 Gate 5 Road, Sausalito, CA
note: this residency does not provide for lodging,
which must be arranged by artist;
additional storage is not available
- includes 24-hour access, secure space;
access to running water and public rest rooms,
and building maintenance support
- resident artist will be required to give at least
one talk/slide show or walk-through
presentation during residency
- Gallery 111 will host a reception for the artist
near the end of residency to
showcase artwork produced during residency;
- Gallery 111 will publicize and promote
artist’s talk and art opening to the media
and to our extensive mailing list
- resident artist will be present and adhere to
an agreed-upon schedule
for open visits from ICB artists
- liability: precaution will be taken to safeguard all work
from loss or damage, but the ICBAA or Gallery 111
and its volunteers,
members, agents and assigns will not be held
responsible for loss or damage from any cause.
Artists are encouraged to insure
their own artwork and property.
Deadline for submissions 31 May 2016
Jury process 1 - 4 June
Resident announced 6 June
1 - 31 October 2016,
1 - 30 April 2017
(please specify your first choice)
Artist presentation TBD
Artist Reception TBD